Cain suspends presidential campaign

ATLANTA (AP) – Republican presidential candidate Herman cain is “suspending” his campaign for president. He said that sex allegations of “sidetracked” his ability to talk about the issues that his campaign was based upon. “I take responsibility for the mistakes I have made,” he said. He blasted criticism from “the political elites,” and said he “handled it my way.” Cain called allegations “false and unproved” but said they have taken “a painful price” on his family. “I am at peace with my God. I am at peace with my wife, and she is at peace with me,” he said. Cain was keeping supporters in suspense ahead of his expected announcement Saturday about whether he will quit the race after a string of sexual harassment allegations and a claim of an extramarital affair. The Georgia businessman planned to announce his decision at what was supposed to be a festive opening of a new headquarters in Atlanta. The space was rented when Cain sat surprisingly atop the GOP pack. With the candidate’s poll numbers plummeting and fundraising stalled, some campaign aides said privately they expected him to drop out. But Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon said late Friday that no decision had been made.

Advertisements

One Response

  1. I dont know what the big deal is. Look what Bill Clinton got away with.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: