• KPAY on Twitter

  • Advertisements

Chico Family Escapes House Fire

A family of four has been displaced after the rental home caught fire at 7th and Normal Streets in Chico Thursday morning. Chico Fire Inspector Marie Fickert says an aging wood stove is to blame for the fire. Fickert says the fire caused an estimated 15 thousand dollars in damage. The family was not injured during the fire. They escaped the home after smelling smoke and noticing flames from their chimney.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: